free hit counter script
<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 16, 2004

I'll never understand it...

Parents normally say, "we'll always be there for you, and we'll always support you in whatever u do..."

this sentence usually makes a child happy and he/she will love his/her parents more... but i've found out, this sentence loses it's meaning as a promise, turning it into a no-meaning kind of encouragement for the child to do what his/her parents want him/her to do...

My parents have asked me and my brother what we want to be when we grow up... as usual my brother came up with the lame answer. A man...

anyway, den came my turn. I had already told them before what i wanted as a career, and they scoffed at me... why leh? taking a career in music very paiseh meh? they just can't see why people love being in the band and wanting to continue taking music into their careers...

then my father said to my mum, this wouldn't have happened if he hadn't joined the school's band...

right, so if i didn't join the band, i'ld be walking around the earth throughout my whole condemned life searching for the thing that would make my life whole... and i'll die searching...

so please, use your wonderful heads to think about peoples' feelings, instead of thinking about A Math and Computers everyday...

even friends in school understand how passion for music and being part of a band can make lives better. Eugene told me on national day celebration that maybe i can think of applying for a job to join the SSO, but he said join SSO must learn mallets... thanks for the encouragement, Eugene.

right, i'm so gonna keep some time aside to study keyboard percussion...

I promise: I'll be able to play mallets by next year's February.

really i'm gonna stick to this... den maybe next time i can join the SSO. although it never is this straightforward...

my parents said i dun think far, and that a career as a percussionist won't get anyone far...
they say i'll have to support a family next time, and i won't get much pay as a SSO member or a percussion tutor(which was my original plan for my future)...

Hey! All I know is that I'm gonna play music for the rest of my life, and if you don't support me, i cannot do anything to try and get your support, but I don't give a shit... I'm gonna try my best to enter NAFA and take up a percussive diploma or something... I don't need your support to push me on to study music...



This is how ignorant my parents are:
- They still don't know when the actual days for band practice are, even though I've been telling them tuesday, thursday and saturday since the day i joined TWE..

- They think oldies are nicer then symphonic music

- They think people can walk out of the band room anytime to answer their phone calls

- They don't like the new me, they prefer the stick-to-home i was in primary school

- They didn't know that i improved

- When they did, they didn't think it'll help

- They thought it was normal for band members to improve the way i did(i'm being a bit bitchy here, but what the hell)

- They refuse to go to concerts that need paying

- They can't find time to go to performances that are free(e.g balloon hat)

- They say it's a waste of time to join the band when everybody is better than me(they said that when i just joined)

- They were shocked to learn that i can read scores

- They were even more shocked to find out that i improved

- They weren't even concered when i was made Section Leader

okok, i've enough of crapping...

talk about today...

today was ok. we did the nonsense ACES day workout during PE with 2/1 and 5/1 and one sec 1 class, can't remember the class. i forsook my own class and stood in the 2/1 class, with Farah, Russel they all. the teacher didn't find anything amiss because i looked like them, short and all...

haha, then Dewi was up on stage with some other Sports caps, then we did the nonsense la, the song is Techno can? EEeeww... aniwae, after that we played some crap ball game with no rules, can kick, can hold, can snatch, can push people, everything...

after that, during chem the whole class was so tired we didn't do much... after recess oso, everybody so tired just sit there stare at teacher moving his mouth, nothing going in the head...

after school i went to the band room to sort out the the instuments i left there on saturday... practiced a bit, not enough time to study mallets, i need about 2 hours. so i just practice sticking and all those until haojie chase us out at 3.40, den went home lor.

and Zizie was so crazy over Seth, then Diyana was irritating her by saying she oso want to be interested in him... hahaha. Then now Eugene knows...

rite...

|

This page is powered by Blogger, updated by Marcus and you shouldn't really be reading this.