free hit counter script
<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 11, 2005

RECOVERY?

OK, the title has no meaning to this purpose. I just wanted to say I'm back! after a hiatus of... 1 month? er, not counting that stupid story about PAOLO.

Right, I can't play games, don't really have ppl online to talk to so I went trawling through my songs. I found some really good ones, so I'm gonna comment on them.

1st: Seagate Overture by James Swearingen. Now, not that I'm biased against the guy or anything, but doesn't his songs all have really high notes. Cool tune too though. The solo is either a very high flute or a averagely low piccolo. Either that or my hearing's just got better(for those who don't get this, don't ask.). anyway, it's a really wonderful song with unique chords and rhythm structures, certainly my type. There're some perc soli parts too, but no, they didn't cloud my judgement. haha.

2nd: Pilatus, Mountain of Dragons by Steven Reineke. This is great stuff. People who've played FATE OF THE GODS by the same guy should understand what I'm talking about. Really sets the mood of the swiss mountain. heh, I climb Pilatus before, really cold, and hard to breathe. Anyway, this songs is great for any conductor who wants to express his anger at any audience. LOUD AND CHORD-Y...

3rd: Animation Medley by Dunno Who. Even my brother likes this. Super. Got this romantic feel about it. Hear already will start thinking of your other half. Very good for those who feel like destressing. just repeat and reapeat and reapeat the song.

4th: Les Miserables By Dunno Who. This was the first band song my brother liked. I didn't know he took it from my folder to put into his until he played it on the speakers. Can't really comment about it much cos it's pretty much like MERRY WIDOW, but it does have a catchy tune. And no, it doesn't have a percussion ensemble segment.

5th: Spirited Away by Jo Hisaishi. My Bro's all time Favourite Band song, or rather, orchestral song. Whatever, it's still instrumental. Very touching song. May cause people like Shiyun, Val, or Tallie to break down and cry, or something. No offence, I'm just saying they're very succeptible to romantic breakdowns like this. haha. Anyway, the song speaks for itself, almost literally. I think this is the love theme from the show. Either that or it's the opening theme.

Right. I gtg now. gdbye.

|

This page is powered by Blogger, updated by Marcus and you shouldn't really be reading this.