free hit counter script
<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 06, 2007

I'm back again,

this time to touch a little on a topic I know a little about, seen too much of, and had no experience of.

Dieting.

I happened to borrow a book(fiction, mind you) which told a story of a teenage girl having slimness angst and how she tried all the funny diets in the world, to finally get a guy she liked, who actually turned out to be gay.

Hilarious story.

Here are some bits taken from the book.

-Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow, we may diet.
This is something guys on a diet will always say, everyday.

- The skipping diet: Skipping breakfast, skipping lunch, skipping dinner.
This is the most commonly used diet and also the most stupid. Watch Oliver! and learn.

-The seafood diet: See food and you eat it.
The ever unchanging golden rule of food lovers and gourmets.

-The only way to lose ten pounds in two weeks, and keep it off, is to chop of your leg.
True, though some people's legs might give them a better deal of 20 pounds.

-Diet religiously: Eat what you like and pray it doesn't show.
Hahaha I like this one.

-Number One secret to being attractive: Confidence
I guess most girls don't realise this. And guys realise this all too well to the point of over-confidence.

-I'm in shape. Round is a shape.
HAHAHA.


Yeah, these funny bits really made the book quite enjoyable. The book title is Mates, Dates and Chocolate Cheats by Cathy Hopkins. It's part of a series of ten books.

Apart from that, I managed to find an Arthur C. Clarke book I've never read or heard of before. It's called Childhood's End. Quite a cool book.

And I bought Tuesdays with Morrie from the Greenview Bookshop. Discounted price some more. hahaha. Finished it on the 2nd last period of the day I got it. Shows how boring babysitting a class is eh?

But enough of books.

Today's good friday. And it's actually one of the most boring days of my life. Tallie can't make it to watch Mr Bean, Val's studying, Mel's keeping herself at home, Jes is out with Jac, and QL has watched Mr Bean already.

I spent the day with my violin and revisiting one of my old games which I once played on Windows 98.

Tomorrow's Saturday.

|

This page is powered by Blogger, updated by Marcus and you shouldn't really be reading this.